Sunday, March 18, 2012

Time flies when...

One month, I have been here for one month. I feel like I just got here but at the same time, I feel like I have been here forever. So much has happened and the time has just flown by.

I realize that I have been here one month and I have posted like 5 photos, so  I decided that for this blog entry, I am just going to post a bunch of pictures of the stuff I have done.
Enjoy! :)
:D
Right before me and my fellow AFSers boarded the plane for Sao Palo, Brazil.
B stands for Brazil.
P stands for Paraguay.
Right to left: Jennifer (B), Sylvia (B), Marley (P), Nevo (B) Ana (P), Nikita (B). Kate (P), Corey (B) and I are not in the picture.

Flying over the chaco (which is code for the middle of nowhere) in Paraguay. About to land!

Virgin Mary. I came here with my family and then my Spanish class.

I went to a foam party with my family and friends.
And by foam, I mean we all got aerosol cans and went around spraying each other.
Fun times. :)

Here we are at the foam party.

This is the pantheon in Al Centro. It is a mix between a church and a cemetery. A lot of things in dedication to past presidents 
and what's this?
I actually have no idea what this is but it had the U.S. flag on it which I thought was pretty cool.
At the grocery store you pick out how much of each you want and then pay for it based on the weight.
Bakery :)
This photo was taken durning my 1 month after arrival camp.
There were people from Thailand, France, Iceland, U.S., and Paraguay present.

This is my Spanish class.
From left to Right:
The teacher, Me, Simon, Julian, and Hreinn.
This is a really bad picture, and it's unfortunate that I didn't take another one but it is what it is.

There is actually water in Paraguay, can you believe it!
It is really dirty though and you can get sick if you put your head under the water. :/
Hotel in Ypacari.

Well that's it for now. I am actually going to be posting either tomorrow or Tuesday, so be on the lookout for that! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Erin,
    My name is Hannah Spencer and I studied for a semester in Chile in 2011. In about a week I am leaving for Asuncion to work as an au pair there for a year. I really have enjoyed reading your blog as a sort of teen insight to the country... Things that adults don't think to mention in their NY Times articles and so on. I don't know if you are still curious but that plaque that you saw with the US flag commemorates the "years of friendship and cooperation" between the US and Paraguay. Interesting!
    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete