Saturday, February 11, 2012

Vida en Paraguay

I am writing my first blog from Paraguay!
I arrived in Asuncion yesterday morning. I had an orientation with all the other kids staying here in Paraguay. There were four of us from the U.S., about ten from Germany, one from Austria, and one from Iceland. The orientation was really cool, and I got my first taste of Paraguayan food, YUM!
I am with my host family now, I have been here for less than a day but I can already tell that this is going to be the best experience of my life!
When I got to my "house"I unpacked and then we ate lunch. We had some pasta, paraguayan bread chicken and something called yuka(sp?). They offered it to me and I took a bite and they all started laughing...at first I was like "I am not supposed to eat this?" and then Jackie (my host sister) explained that you are supposed to eat it with the chicken. Thank goodness she speaks English! It has been so helpful, when I don't understand something she will explain it to me and I can already see my spanish improving! :)
at around 4 we ate a snack that I can't remember the name of...I ate something that looked like a quesadea, we also had hot chocolate. It was delicious. I don't know what time dinner is...I think it is late considering it is already 7:00.
I am off to the mall with my "sister" and "mom"
Adios!

2 comments:

  1. Erin! How was your first day of Paraguayan school?? I've missed you in english! It sounds like you are having a great time and I'm excited to hear more by reading your blog!!
    p.s. Mrs. Minor wanted me to say hello from her :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I miss you too, but definitely not that class! haha
    I am having a great time, it amazing here! :)
    Haha that is so nice of her. Say to Mrs. Minor for me! :)
    Well then it is a good thing you like to read because my blog posts are going to be longggggggg. haha :D

    ReplyDelete